THE TASK OF THE EVENING

Such a fine evening this is, he thought as he hummed while looking outside the window of Gryffindor common room. It was supper time, but he was not hungry today. He enjoyed the solitude that the evening offered so generously.

“Good evening Albus, my son”, the silence was broken.

Albus quivered convulsively.

“Oh father, my dear father, you scared me”, Albus sighed.

“Forgive me, my son.” HE smiled,” Did I steal your contemplative mood?”

Albus did not answer, for he knew it was unnecessary.

After a brief silence, HE continued,” You must be wondering why I am here, in front of you, at a time as unusual as this?”

“In fact if I wonder, the time is not unusual at all!” Albus smiled and HE smiled in return. Albus further spoke, “Something of grave importance father?”

“Oh yes, very important indeed!” HE replied, “I presume you possess the knowledge of a beast named Voragle.”

“Voragulus garrulosa, certainly father, a beastly creature that preys non-magical humans and other creatures” Albus replied.

“Indeed, and fears the wizards. This creature is what brings me here in front you, my son. One of their kinds has accidentally escaped the charmed boundaries and at midnight it shall attack a muggle woman, who lives not so far from Hogwarts. I am afraid I am not destined to meddle with the physical fate of this land directly. I must ask you to do the job for me. You, and only you, must be the one to save the woman, for her daughter in future shall give birth to a Potter boy, whose fate is inextricably bound with yours and the welfare of the wizarding world at large.”

Albus had more than many questions in his mind now. I and Potter boy .. fate .. connected. ..  Suddenly he asked, “How am I to go there? Headmaster will not believe my story, I am afraid.”

“Oh as to that, you shall choose disapparition!” HE calmly replied.

“But, disapparition is not ___ “

“Being my son has its privileges!” HE interjected, “You shall follow the moon Albus. When she covers herself behind the clouds you shall find yourself near the woman’s place.”

Albus nodded.

“I am afraid I have to leave you with your thoughts now” HE smiled, “Good luck, my son”

With those words, HE vanished.

Albus looked at the moon outside the window. She was shimmering, as if she were nervous. This certainly is a fine evening, Albus thought.

 
     



Comments