CHRISTMAS GIFT OF ALBUS.

It was all very dark and yet he could be seen; he had his ways, for he was the wisest man on the wizarding world. His eyes were closed and it was as if he was in a deep thought.

Hours passed by; the blue sky darkened. He was still motionless and breathing softly. Now, the air sweetened, the cave lightened and HE appeared with a smile studded on his lips. HE certainly seemed holy.

“You wished to see me, son.” The holy being broke the silence with his soft tone.

He opened his eyes softly; he wasn’t worried to find someone in front of him all of a sudden. It was as if he was expecting HIM.

“Father! I hope the journey did not trouble you”, He smiled.

“Ah! What could trouble me in this amiable milieu!” HE replied, “Did I steal your precious time, Albus, keeping you in anticipation for so long a time?”

“Oh Father, you certainly did not!” He paused for a moment and continued, “You must know the reason of my anticipation, Father?”

“We both know the answer to that question, my son” The smile on HIS face was not lost.

“I see no cauldron, Father, where I can pour my immense knowledge into. I can, if you ask, stay in this land forever and saunter around for no reason. But that is against your laws, and I, your faithful child, do not wish to do so. I ask you today, father, why is it that I am left on this soil; far from you and that, for no distinct reason?”

“You are my son, Albus, and with great fate comes great responsibility.” HE put his hands on his head and continued,” And your fate is intrinsically bound with the fate of this land, even after you return to me!”

“I certainly do not understand, father! I beseech thee, enlighten me”

“Ah as to that, the answer shall present itself to you in due time and now is not the time I tell you. But, my son, I certainly will, for I have my ways! For now, my son, I must tell you to earn wisdom and not seek the credit of its application; seek power, my son, but do not endeavor to use it, for you are not destined for it. You are too wise to use power and, importantly, you are my son!”

Albus was silent.

“I believe I have to leave now. Forgive me, my dear son, for the briefness of my visit!”

Albus smiled.

 HE was about to leave when he suddenly halted his stride, “Albus”, he spoke.

“Yes, my father”

“Do you not need your Christmas present?”

Albus smiled.

HE took out his wand and closed his eyes. After few seconds, the tip of his wand glowed and the silver light filled the cave. The silver light took the form of phoenix and it flew all around the cave! But then, it gradually reddened and took the physical form of a Phoenix.

“Fawkes, from today, belongs to you Albus. He shall accompany you and assist you constantly. He shall take you to me when your fate allows.”

The phoenix flew from HIS arms to his.

His wand glowed and warmed. Fawkes, the phoenix, belonged to Albus Dumbledore, forever.








Comments