Dusk to dawn


Every cockcrow, I perceive the same, the same white light spreading around my little cabin, but surprisingly filling my juvenile mind with fresh picturesque thoughts. Music, for me as well, is the ‘food of love’; so I ‘play on’, take ‘excess of it’ and the only discrepancy is that appetite for me never sickens or dies. The latter is followed by saccharine sips of tea made from honeyed hands of my momma. Then the fusion of confusions kicks off, same bulky books and notes dancing in front of my puny little eyes.

The dream of a quick nap has never come true; not just because of sweet company on the way to college by van, but also because of the 3 cm^2 space (measured today) left for me. After the forty minutes (or more than that) drive, I enter one of the finest institutes of the country, through its shimmering golden pair of gates. I am always surrounded by a few good men, full of love, full of enthusiasm and most importantly, full of humor. Well, I don’t expect any of my chemistry or physics professors reading this, but the 1st period notes don’t just give me knowledge but also minimum half dozen yawns, seriously! As for me, sitting between the doctors is really tough, (readers are suggested to take a view of my previous poem hypnotism to know the reason!), but good thing is that, I manage somehow to keep my nose every day, and the bad thing is that, the worst is yet to come two weeks from now.  

The lazy dusk begins with the end of the heptours, but rather comfortable, in fact, too much comfortable ride back to home. Mr. Tummy and Mr. Dinner sit briskly for an assembly before I transform myself, my lethargic mind and of course, inferior thoughts. Homeworks…well, yeah! Homeworks, in fact home-works begin right after the slap-up meal and ends with the glorious cocktail of the strangest dreams ever possible!   

Comments